Source: News-Journal, August 16, 1973, Centennial Section
Dr. Kitson Born 1870 Chester Twp.
Dr. Frank S. Kitson, who engaged in the general practice of medicine and surgery at North Manchester, was born in Chester Township on June 20, 1870.
Early in life he had made up his mind to become a doctor, and after education in the local schools entered the Rush Medical School in Chicago and graduated on May 22, 1895.
Returning to North Manchester, he started practice with Dr. M.O. Lower. Later the partnership was dissolved.
Dr. Kitson was a member of the Masonic Lodge, including th eBlue Lodge, the Council and Commandery at Wabash, and the Scottish Rite Consistory and the temple of the Mystic Shrine in Ft. Wayne. He belonged to the Methodist faith.
June 3, 1896, he married Miss Helen Swart Fuller, of Waukesha, Wis. They had one son, Lower Fuller Kitson, born May 1, 1897.
His father was Allen Kitson, who was a soldier and for many years one of the honored residents of North Manchester.