Abbott & Kitson Phillips 66 Service Station, 706 W. Main St., N. Manchester (1958 photo)
Dick Kitson in 1942 Pumping Gas
Source: Ravelings (1947) Ad:
ABBOTT & KITSON "66" SERVICE
Gasoline-Motor Oils-Greases-Tires-Batteries and Auto Accessories
706 West Main St.
Source: Ravelings (1952) Ad:
Abbott & Kitson "66" Service
Gasoline, Motor Oils, Greases, Tires, Batteries,
and Auto Accessories
Farm Delivery Service
Phone 666 706 W. Main St.
Paul Abbott and Dick Kitson's Phillips 66 Filling Station Sign at Pudge Egolf's Auction, November 2011
706 West Main St. [Brooks & Jefferson, Remembering North Manchester Indiana in the 1930s & 1940s, p. 47]
Don Sheak and his father, L. C. Sheak, built a new filling station at this address and sold Phillips 66 products, as advertised on March 8, 1937. Grand opening dates were april 12-17, 1937. On June 2, 1938 Paul Abbott and Dewayne Bone ran an ad for this station. Then it was Abbot and Kitson Phillips 66 Station, owned by Paul Abbott and Dick Kitson. This station, where they also sold sporting goods, was here into the 1950s.