Source: News-Journal, January 3, 1955:
With the dissolution of the Morris Company effective December 31, 1954, the 69 Morris 5 and 10 Cent stores, including the one at North Manchester will be known as Murphy stores. The G.C. Murphy Company acquired the Morris chain November 1, 1951, and continued to operate it as a wholly owned subsidiary and with the stores retaining the Morris name. In order to simplify corporation structure, the Morris Company has been liquidated and its assets and obligations transferred to the Murphy Company. The 69 Morris stores will be continued in operation with no change in personnel, but under the Murphy name.