Source: Ruth M. Brubaker, THE HISTORY OF PLEASANT TOWNSHIP SCHOOLS 1835-1962 (1979), pp. 104.
The Chicago and Erie Railroad was built through this place in 1882. The first depot was just south of the overpass going to String Town. Then later it was moved to where people know it until it was closed in 1962 and in 1964 was sold and torn down.