Press Release-March 2018


For further information contact Mary Chrastil, 260-982-0672



Center for History and Thomas Marshall House Museums Reopen


The North Manchester Center for History and the Thomas Marshall House Museum are opening again after being closed for winter hiatus.  During the hiatus, staff and volunteers continue to work to clean, make repairs and perform routine maintenance activities like inventorying the collection.


The Center for History hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.  Call the Center for History (260-982-0672) to arrange a group tour, during regular museum hours or at another time. 


The Thomas Marshall House is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. the first Saturday of the month.  The Center is also open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the same days.  There are variations to the first Saturday schedule to accommodate community summer activities.  Instead of being open August 4, both will be open on Funfest weekend.  Instead of being open on September 1, both will be open the following weekend during the Eel River Art Festival.


The North Manchester Center for History, located at 122 E. Main Street, is a museum that collects, displays and interprets the history of the Eel River Valley.  The Thomas Marshall House Museum, on north Market Street next to the library, has been completely restored to its 1854 condition.  Trained docents are available at both locations to assist visitors in their journey to learn the story of who we are, how we got here, and what we hold dear.


Call 260-982-0672 for information.




Thomas Marshall House Museum





North Manchester Center for History